- OFFERED SALARY: Not specified
- CAREER LEVEL: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years
- GENDER: Both
- QUALIFICATION: MSc/MA
The role will provide strategic oversight and coordination of the implementation of the Project titled Opuama Flow station Maintenance Programme Development with the guidance of project documents, and in accordance with contractual agreement with the Client and other stakeholders. As a Project Lead, you are leading the project team and you are responsible for the successful completion of the Project within time and budget but not limited to the following:
- Lead the team and execute the project within the safety rules and Quality standards.
- The first point of contact for the client.
- Coming up with creative technical solutions that enable you to complete a project successfully within time and budget with the resources available and maximize the operational result and profit.
- Responsibility for your team, equipment, third party involvement and procurement for the project.
- Provide regular reports to the responsible manager and maintaining contacts with the supporting departments at the head office.
- Develop elaborate project strategies to enhance effective implementation towards achievement of stated project results.
- Lead in the development of tools, manuals and training resources needed to ensure successful project implementation.
- Coordinate project activities and liaise with client to ensure effective project delivery.
- Develop annual critical pathways to ensure that project implementation plan is in line with the priorities and Key Result Areas of the critical assessment carried out as well as outcomes of project under implementation.
- Work closely with Project Coordinator and the Consultants to ensure that project takeaways are mainstreamed into programme work as relevant.
- Anticipate project risks and take steps to mitigate them.
- Conduct periodic reviews, reflections and planning meetings with stake holders and client to inform project strategies.
- Lead in the organization and facilitation of project review meetings with the active participation of beneficiaries and all relevant stakeholders.
- Provide strategic support to increase understanding and appreciation of changes in project agreements and direction.
- Actively participate in Client review and reflection meetings, and highlight project successes, challenges and mitigating measure to overcome challenges.
- Maintain positive relationships with Client agency at all times.
- Prepare and ensure that periodic technical and financial reports of the project are submitted to Client organization as per the contract specification and deadlines.
Qualification & Experience
- The Candidate must hold at least a Master’s Degree in Project Management with at least 3 years of work experience in the Oil and Gas.
- He/She must be able to swim.
- Knowledge and experience in project management especially related to Integrity and Assets Maintenance, Criticality Assessment of facilities, Pipeline and Process Piping Inspection projects.
- Knowledge of developing concept notes and proposal
- Skills in writing reports and case studies
- Skills in lobbying, advocacy and campaign initiatives
- Proven competencies in designing and conducting training and workshops
- Knowledge of strategic management principles.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to identify and evaluate alternative solutions to problems.
- Ability to take timely decisions.
- Knowledge of the planning process
- Knowledge of the principles of management
- Ability to establish plans for achieving targets.
- Ability to provide coaching and support when needed.
- Ability to make effective presentations.
- Ability to write effective reports.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org