- CAREER LEVEL: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- EXPERIENCE: 6-8 years
- INDUSTRY: Accounting / Audit / Tax
- QUALIFICATION: BSc/HND
Job Title: Workshop Supervisor
- To ensure minimal disruption to service within the Logistics business by overseeing the delivery of planned and reactive truck maintenance support to the Logistics Services business.
- To supervise a team of technicians, allocate workload and drive day-to-day operations in the workshop towards ensuring that truck downtime is minimised or reduced to zero.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement, plan, control and organise the planned preventive and corrective maintenance on Rainoil’s fleet and related equipment to maximise their lifespan and ensure safety
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations
- Provides relevant input to the Manager, Logistics Services for the preparation of the business strategy and annual budgets
- Monitors the delivery of workshop plans and activities in line with the budget, ensuring variances are minimised
- Supports the Manager, Logistics Services to implement and enforce risk management procedures
- Ensures sites have the proper number of trucks that meet the needs of the business
- Regularly report the progress on each job and quickly communicates delays or concerns with the Manager, Logistics Services
- Reports on manpower overruns or shortfalls
- Acts as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
- Identifies staff that require on-going training and liaises with Human Capital to facilitate their enrolment on relevant development interventions
- Supports apprentices and semi-skilled staff and facilitates their acquisition of appropriate technical skills
- Ensures the availability of resources for the technicians to effectively carry out their jobs
- Participates in the selection of new technicians
- Attends to any issues or queries escalated by the technicians
- Ensures compliance to required safety standards and operating procedures
- Creates & maintains a register of all workshop equipment to manage the timely calibration and maintenance of the equipment
- Coordinates vehicle maintenance, maintains relationships with parts vendors, orders parts, and orders diesel fuel and gasoline, as needed.
- Minimum of seven (7) years working experience, preferably in the Technical, logistics, supply chain management and transportation of goods
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc./HND) in Engineering
- Hands-on experience in various technical skills like welding, panel beating, truck maintenance, etc.
Application Closing Date
9th July 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to email@example.com using the “Job title & Location” as the subject of the email.